Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Hong Kong or Italy?
In a months time, I will either be in Italy or Hong Kong. Either? you ask. What is he on about? Well, let me tell you a tale...
(fade to blackout)
(Loud, deep voice speaks...)
A long time ago, in a place far, far away...
*music*
I signed up for a classics trip to Italy. It would be for a week, in Rome and Pompeii, starting on the 7th of July. Some friends of mine happen to be going to Hong Kong for two weeks, and I had hoped to go along with them.
However, the two events clash, so I would be able to go to one, but not the other. I decided to go on the trip to Italy, and that was that.
*Fast forward to today*
I decided to go into school to revise for upcoming exams, where I met up with H, a friend going to HK. In short, he persuaded me to want to go to Hong Kong, and so I have to try and find another person to go to Italy instead of me. If I can't find someone to take my place, I'll have to go to Italy (I'll love it, but would prefer HK). Goodness, it's a hard life. I think Hong Kong would reflect better when I'm at Uni, as everybody goes to Italy to look at statues, whereas HK has a different, vibrant culture. Also, (as I didn't get a grant) I'm not going to Japan, at least not this year, so HK would be rather enjoyable, and the farthest East I will ever have been!
Am reading:

